







.... Just another quiet night in the library, as we have been joking here. It's been a jam-packed, incredible couple days here in Bangkok, and I already feel like we've been here for months. Saturday we met up with Adam who has been traveling in Thailand for over a month, so he knows his way around pretty well which is nice. After chucking our backpacks in the new hotel on Soi 22, we headed out to Siam Square which houses the biggest, nicest food court I've even seen. With international and traditional Thai booths, a mini market, gourmet wine store, and a lot more, it took us a while to finally land on a delicious prawn padh thai which cost a whopping rip off of.. one dollar? what. this place sucks.
So later that night, we had quite an intro to Bangkok night life. Adam and Joey warned us that we were headed into the "red light district", although they consider all of Bangkok to be a red light district. For dinner, we went to this huge night bazaar where they were showing a soccer game on big screens, (everyone would jump up and scream every few minutes - they were pretty into it) along with a band singing their own (high pitched) version of Pussycat Dolls songs. Very entertaining.
Speaking of entertaining....50 and 60 year old women explaining "menus" in their best english - menus of what the girls in their club can do. [Because I am the daughter of any parents' dreams, (RIGHT?) I have allowed my parental units to read my blogs, and thus will not further discuss any details of the "sexy lady show".... However, I can tell you how fun the game of "Ladyboy or not?" is. It's fun. Walking around this district, especially on a Saturday night like when we were there, you will find a very eclectic group of people: children, thai locals, tourists, and ladyboys, all of ranging ages. After the show (?), we headed to a more low key bar, where I killed everyone at pool. No, I didn't. But let's be honest - who knew that Thais were so damn good?
Ahh I'm writing too much. Next, dance club type bar. Just like NY or LA. Home at 4am. Dance party with hilarious Brits til 6.

3 comments:
No Julia your are NEVER writing "too much". Love it, love it, love it. I feel like I traveling right along with you.
yay thank you :)
*Looks at top picture* Those ladyboys sure look feminine. They really do a good job in Thailand.
Just kidding Juj.
I heard about this blog the other day, taking me a bit of time to catch up. I had no idea you were such a natural writer.
Cheers and get better.
Post a Comment